2015 – Long Beach, CA!
August 11-13 Conference
August 10 – Pre-Conference Workshops
Hyatt Regency Long Beach
Room rate – $179 (includes free in-room WiFi)
400 Abstracts received–Only 120 will make it through the blind review process. Mark this event on your calendar for next year.
If you submitted an abstract: You should have received confirmation of submission. The next information that you will get about your paper will follow the Planning Committee meeting will convene in January and notification of abstract status emailed the week of January 26th. If you have questions, please contact Cara Lee Mahany Braithwait at email@example.com or 1.888.332.8258.
December 15, 2014 Link to first webcast on Net Savings: http://wisc.adobeconnect.com/p5u8rt7ly8q/
IEPEC and the UW REDA program are teaming up to sponsor a series of webcasts in an effort to continue to build a robust and respected professional community of evaluators. For IEPEC this allows us to increase awareness of the issues that are tackled at each IEPEC conference. Thus the topics and speakers will be drawn from previous conferences and have been nominated by their session moderators. The UW REDA’s new 10-month Professional Master’s Program in The University of Wisconsin in conjunction with the Wisconsin Energy Institute is sponsoring these webcasts to help spread the word of a new 10 month Master Program in Resource and Energy Demand Analysis (REDA). Both IEPEC and REDA see this series as a serious effort to continue to build a robust and respected professional community of evaluators.
Our first webcast, Net Savings Evaluation – Getting It Right was immediately oversubscribed. Thus we have recorded the session and you can listen to the webcast at your convenience by clicking on this link: http://wisc.adobeconnect.com/p5u8rt7ly8q/
The speakers were:
- Richard Ridge, Ridge & Associates
- Ralph Prahl, Ralph Prahl & Associates
- Robert Wirtshafter, Wirtshafter Associates, Inc.
The session is moderated by Nick Hall, TecMarket Works
Hosts were: Sharyn Barata of Itron, and Bill Provencher of the University of Wisconsin
For more information on REDA, please go to: http://reda.aae.wisc.edu/
The IEPEC Lifetime Achievement Award is selected through a peer nominations process and the final decision is made by the IEPEC Planning Committee. This person is someone who has consistently made significant contributions to the field of energy program evaluation.
Past award winners include:
- 2013 – Jane Peters, Research Into Action and Steven Schiller, Schiller Consulting
- 2011 – Marian Brown, Southern California Edison
- 2009 – Dr. Miriam Goldberg, KEMA, Inc.
- 2007 – Shel Feldman, Shel Feldman Management Consulting
- 2005 – Nick Hall, TecMarket Works
- 2003 – Ed Vine, LBNL and Roger Wright, RLW Analytics
- 1997 – Jeff Schlegel, Schlegel and Associates
- 1995 – Ken Train, University of California-Berkeley
- 1993 – Meg Fels, Princeton University
- 1991 – Ken Keating, Bonneville Power Administration
- 1989 – Eric Hirst, Oak Ridge National Laboratory